This green avocado mint smoothie tastes super indulgent, but is full of good stuff! The base of frozen banana, zucchini and avocado makes for a super creamy texture, and spinach provides a lovely green color. The smoothie tastes super minty thanks to a combination of fresh mint leaves and pure peppermint extract. Hemp and chia seeds provide additional thickening power, in addition to lots of healthy fats, fiber and protein. Lastly, a touch of vanilla extract balances the flavors out.
This combination tastes a lot like a shamrock shake. It’s healthy enough for breakfast, but would also make a great dessert.
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1 c. frozen chopped zucchini
- 1 c. packed spinach
- ½ avocado
- ¼ c. mint leaves
- 2 T. hemp hearts
- 2 T. chia seeds (optional: soak in 2 T. water for 10 minutes)
- ¾ tsp. mint extract
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.