One of the nicest things you can do for yourself is make extra vegan paleo tortillas for a quick meal when you need it. I pulled together these avocado tacos in no time after coming home from a tough barre + HIIT workout, and I couldn’t be happier. The filling is basically a very minimal guacamole made with just avocado, lime and salt. To keep things simple and avocado-focused, I topped the tacos with pepitas and some mixed shoots.
Because I want greens at just about every meal, I made a side of garlic Swiss chard. The leaves cook down quickly, so this is a great side dish when you’re short on time. These greens also work well as a taco filling, so definitely give that a try too 🙂
- 4 avocados
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ c. roasted pepitas
- large handful mixed shoots
- 1 recipe vegan paleo tortillas (recipe here)
- Lightly mash together avocado, lime juice and salt until it has a chunky texture.
- Top tortillas with the avocado, pepitas and shoots.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, tough bottoms of stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the Swiss chard in batches and cook, stirring frequently, until just tender; about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt.