This smoothie is about as decadent as you can get! Bananas and dates go so well together and both provide so much sweetness. To play up the caramely flavor of the dates, I added some maca powder. I think maca’s warming flavor is welcome just about anywhere, so I’ve been adding it to most of my smoothies lately.
To round out the flavors, this smoothie also has almond butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Like all of my smoothies, this one also has frozen veggies (here cauliflower) and chia seeds to make it extra nutritious. This one drinks like a milkshake, but is still full of good things!
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 2 c. frozen cauliflower florets
- 6 dates
- 2 T. unsweetened almond butter
- 2 T. chia seeds (optional: soak in 2 T. water for 10 minutes)
- 1 T. maca powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.