I just can’t get over how delicious this wild blueberry smoothie is! Like almost all of my smoothies, this one is secretly packed with vegetables! Along with the blueberries, I added some frozen cauliflower florets. You definitely can’t taste the cauliflower, but it adds extra vitamins, fiber and protein. Not only that, it also helps make the smoothie super thick! This smoothie also gets extra protein and thickening power from yummy cashew butter and soaked chia seeds. The blueberry cashew combination is insanely delicious, and this delicious treat will also keep you full for hours.
In the recipe below, I call for frozen wild blueberries. While regular blueberries would probably work, the wild bluebs make this smoothie extra special. Frozen wild blueberries are available in many grocery stores and CostCo, so I recommend seeking them out.
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c. frozen wild blueberries
- 2 c. frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 T. unsweetened cashew butter
- 2 T. chia seeds (optional: soak in 2 T. water for 10 minutes)
- ¼ tsp. cardamom (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.