I can’t stop making tacos with my vegan paleo tortillas (recipe linked below)! They have a great flavor, they’re easy to make, they’re packed with protein, and they’re super filling. Since they’re already so substantial, I love filling them with lots of veggies. For this batch, I filled my tacos with a mix of shredded carrot and avocado chimichurri. Since I can’t get enough leafy greens, I served the tacos with a side of garlicky kohlrabi and beet greens. I followed my basic recipe for garlic Swiss chard here, just subbing in the greens I had.
Once you have shredded carrot, they just need to be cooked very briefly to soften them. The chimichurri is also a breeze to make since it goes in the food processor. If you’d rather make a more traditional chimichurri, omit the avocado and add an extra 1/4 c. oil. I love it both ways, but recommend the avocado version for these tacos. Enjoy!
- 2 c. shredded carrot
- couple pinches sea salt
- large handful shoots
- 1 recipe vegan paleo tortillas (recipe here)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 c. carrots and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until carrots soften slightly, 2-3 minutes. Remove and repeat with remaining carrots.
- Top tortillas with the carrots, chimichurri and shoots.
- 1 large bunch parsley, large stems removed
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. Mexican oregano
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 avocado, lightly mashed
- Combine everything but the avocado in a food processor until mostly smooth. Stir into the mashed avocado.