Bananas and berries are the perfect pairing for vegan nice cream! My go-to nice cream is made with wild blueberries, but this version is made with a mix of strawberries and acai. I use freeze dried acai powder, but you can buy frozen acai puree at many stores if you prefer that.
I topped this bowl of nice cream with a mix of cacao nibs, hemp hearts and dried golden berries. The cacao nibs and hemp hearts added a nice crunch and the golden berries provided a sour punch. If you’ve never had a golden berry (also called cape gooseberries), be warned that they don’t taste like most dried fruits! I think they taste like sour candies, which is a plus in my book. If you prefer something sweeter, substitute with your favorite dried fruit.
- 1 c. frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1 T. acai powder
- unsweetened almond milk, as needed
- small handful cacao nibs
- small handful golden berries
- hemp hearts
- Take strawberries and cauliflower out of the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Combine strawberries, cauliflower and vanilla in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth, adding splashes of almond milk if needed.
- Transfer nice cream to a bowl, and top with cacao nibs, golden berries and a sprinkle of hemp hearts.