One of my favorite ways to eat a big bowl of veggies is obviously when they’re floating in a bath of coconut curry sauce. One of my favorite meals is a Thai-style green curry (like this one) loaded with whatever veggies sound good. To switch things up, I decided to make a curry filled with veggie noodles. I used a mix of zoodles and carrot noodles, but feel free to swap in whatever sounds good to you!
I added some edamame to my curry zoodles, but if you omit or substitute with cashews, this recipe is also paleo and Whole30 friendly. As always, just remember to check the ingredients on your curry paste.
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. container vegan green curry paste
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 carrots, spiralized or cut into long thin noodles (either by hand or with a julienne peeler)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- ½ lb. shelled edamame
- 2 lbs. zucchini (about 4 medium), spiralized or cut into long thin noodles
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- large handful Thai basil leaves
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add curry paste and cook until incorporated, 1-2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and salt and cook, stirring, until well-mixed, another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the carrot noodles, bell peppers and edamame. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and lime juice and cook another 2 minutes, or until zucchini softens slightly. Finish by stirring in the basil.