This sundae recipe hardly merits its own post, but it was so good I had to share!
The chocolate banana base is the same one I posted about here – it’s just frozen bananas, cacao and vanilla. The toppings are what make it really special. A friend shared some sour cherries grown in her own yard, so I threw those on top. To make it extra decadent, I finished the sundae with a generous drizzle of tahini. So perfect – try it out!
- 2 frozen bananas, broken into chunks
- 2 T. cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- unsweetened almond milk, as needed
- small handful sour cherries, pitted
- tahini for drizzling
- Take bananas out of the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Combine bananas, cocoa powder and vanilla in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth, adding splashes of almond milk if needed.
- Transfer nice cream to a bowl, and top with cherries and a tahini drizzle.