I must be on a chocolate smoothie kick after making my chocolate raspberry maca smoothie a few times! To change things up, I made a chocolate sunbutter smoothie. This smoothie tastes like a rich milkshake, but it’s loaded with healthy ingredients. Frozen banana and cauliflower provide a creamy base for the cocoa powder and sunbutter. As I do with all of my smoothies, I added some soaked chia seeds both for their nutritional benefits and added thickening power. If you wanted to make this smoothie even more filling, you could also add some hemp hearts. This smoothie is definitely more on the sweet side compared to others I make. It’s also super healthy, so it’s perfect either for a meal or dessert – you pick!
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1 c. frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 T. cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 T. unsweetened sunbutter
- 2 T. chia seeds, soaked in 2 T. water for 10 minutes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.