I love making salads with a mix of cooked and raw veggies, and this salad is a perfect example! For the base, I used the traditional components of Arabic salad: cucumber, tomato, bell pepper and scallion. I topped the raw veggies with lots of curry roasted cauliflower. To finish, I used my classic tahini sauce and a heavy sprinkle of chopped herbs.
This curry roasted cauliflower is so flavorful, and has only 5 ingredients! I also serve it frequently as a side dish. It adds a lot of heft to this salad so you will be full for hours after eating it. My tahini sauce recipe is also endlessly versatile, and works well as a creamy nutty topping for any salad. Tahini provides lots of healthy fats and protein, which also make this salad filling enough to make to a full meal.
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, seeds scooped then sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ recipe curry roasted cauliflower (recipe below)
- ½ recipe tahini sauce (recipe here)
- small handful parsley leaves, chopped
- several mint leaves, chopped
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, pepper and scallions in a large bowl, then add the roasted cauliflower. Toss with the tahini sauce, and finish with the chopped herbs.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- 4 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Toss the cauliflower with the oil, spices and salt. Spread out on 2 greased or lined baking sheets.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes. Cauliflower should be soft and start to get crispy on the edges.