Week 2 of my Whole30 is well underway, and so far things are staying steady. Still eating lots of veggies, energy levels are good, and I’m sleeping great. For dinner tonight, I made lettuce wraps yet again 😉 This version is topped with vegan Whole30 baba ganoush, roasted red peppers, toasted pine nuts and fresh herbs. They were so light and so refreshing! To go with the lettuce wraps, I made a side of Whole30 provençal tomatoes and zucchini. You can find that recipe here.
One serving of vegan Whole30 baba ganoush lettuce wraps has about 9.5g protein: 6g from tahini, 2.5g from eggplant and 1g from pine nuts. They make for a pretty light (but still satisfying!) meal by themselves, so I would recommend pairing with a side dish like I did.
- lettuce leaves (number of leaves needed varies depending on size of leaves)
- Baba ganoush (recipe below)
- roasted red peppers, sliced
- ¼ c. pine nuts, lightly toasted
- small handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- small handful parsley leaves, chopped
- Top the lettuce with baba ganoush and roasted red peppers. Finish with pine nuts and herbs.
- 2 large eggplants
- ½ c. tahini
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tsp. sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat broiler.
- Poke the eggplants all over with a fork and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, turning occasionally, until charred all over and very soft, about 45-60 minutes.
- When eggplants are cool, cut them open and scoop out the flesh. Chop eggplant flesh coarsely, then mix in remaining ingredients.