This beautiful pink cherry almond smoothie was just what I needed to start my Sunday before I headed to rooftop yoga. Cherry and almond is always a winning combination, and this smoothie gets a double dose of almonds with both almond milk and almond butter. There are enough cherries to make the smoothie just sweet enough. I also added zucchini and chia seeds both for thickness and extra nutrition. I like my smoothies thick, filling and not-too-sweet, and this fit the bill perfectly.
Like my other smoothies, this one has enough protein to be a nourishing meal. This smoothie gets 6g protein from almond butter, 6g protein from chia seeds and 2g protein from zucchini.
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c. frozen cherries
- 1 c. sliced frozen zucchini
- 2 T. unsweetened almond butter
- 2 T. chia seeds, soaked in 2 T. water for 10 minutes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.