There’s a reason why green banana smoothies are a classic. Bananas are super sweet and do a great job of masking the taste of greens. In this smoothie, the addition of almond butter and cinnamon helps amplify the sweet banana flavors. It also gets a double whammy of greens in the form of spinach and zucchini. As I do in almost all of my smoothies, I added soaked chia seeds for all their incredible nutritional benefits and their glorious thickening power.
Hope you enjoy this green smoothie as much as I do – it’s become a staple for me!
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1 c. frozen chopped zucchini
- 1 c. packed spinach
- 2 T. almond butter
- 2 T. chia seeds (optional: soak in 2 T. water for 10 minutes)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.