By now it’s pretty obvious that I love adding cacao and maca to my smoothies. This time, I added espresso for an extra boost! Banana and cauliflower provide a creamy base, hemp hearts and chia seeds add lots of extra nutrition, and a little vanilla and cinnamon round out the flavors in this healthy frozen treat!
If you’re looking for a chocolately maca smoothie without caffeine, I recommend trying my chocolate raspberry maca smoothie!
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 2 c. frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 T. hemp hearts
- 2 T. chia seeds (optional: soak in 2 T. water for 10 minutes)
- 2 T. cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 T. maca powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.