This recipe came about when I was sadly all out of frozen bananas. I had lots of other frozen fruit in my freezer and really wanted some nice cream. However, my freezer also had plenty of frozen cauliflower. Since cauliflower works so well in smoothies (like this one and this one), I decided to try making strawberry nice cream with it.
When combined with the strawberries and vanilla, the cauliflower definitely did a great job making the nice cream thick and creamy. Of course, this nice cream was less sweet than banana-based ones like my blueberry banana recipe. Once I topped it with cinnamon nut date crumble and coconut, my dessert was plenty sweet and so refreshing! If you dislike bananas, I would definitely recommend trying nice cream with a mix of cauliflower and other fruit. It’s also a great idea if you run out of bananas like I did 🙂
- 1 c. frozen strawberries
- 1 c. frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- unsweetened almond milk, as needed
- small handful cinnamon nut date crumble (recipe here)
- small handful unsweetened shredded coconut
- Take strawberries and cauliflower out of the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Combine strawberries, cauliflower and vanilla in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth, adding splashes of almond milk if needed.
- Transfer nice cream to a bowl, and top with crumble and coconut.