This lovely maca cardamom smoothie was the perfect Sunday afternoon treat. I love the combination of maca and banana (like in this smoothie and this one), but I hadn’t thought to add cardamom until now. What a combination!
As I often do, I added cauliflower and hemp hearts for added nutrition and thickening power. Since this smoothie was a snack rather than a meal, I skipped the chia seeds this time. Since smoothies are usually a full meal for me, I generally call for at least 2 sources of protein and healthy fats in the form of seeds and/or nut butter. If you want something lighter, you can always omit those ingredients.
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1 c. frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 T. hemp hearts
- 2 T. chia seeds, soaked in 2 T. water for 10 minutes (optional)
- 1 T. maca powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.