I loved using cauliflower mash as the base for a bowl (recipe here) so much I decided to try out a bowl with mashed sweet potatoes. So good! For the sweet potatoes, I first roasted them whole. I then peeled them and mashed them with coconut milk and thyme. You can definitely roast the sweet potatoes ahead of time, which is exactly what I did.
To assemble my bowl, I topped the coconut mashed sweet potatoes with roasted broccoli and half an avocado. To finish, I sprinkled everything with my Brazil nut parmesan and lots of red pepper flakes. This combo worked really well, and was super filling considering it was almost exclusively vegetables 😀
- Fill bowls with mashed sweet potatoes, then top with broccoli and avocado. Finish with Brazil nut parmesan and red pepper flakes to taste.
- 1½ lbs. sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
- ¾ c. light coconut milk
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, prick each one a few times with a fork and place on top of a sheet of foil on an oven rack. Bake until soft, about 45-60 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cool, peel them. Add them to a pot with the coconut milk, salt, thyme and pepper. Heat to warm through and mash until mostly smooth.