Well, I made it to day 30 of my vegan Whole30! I’ll be doing a debrief post about lessons learned and what aspects of the Whole30 I want to keep in my life going forward. One thing I know for sure is that I love incorporating lots of veggies into my diet!
This enormous salad is no exception. It’s loaded with lettuce, cucumber and snap peas then tossed with an amazing mustard tahini dressing. The dressing has just enough snap to distinguish it from a traditional lemony tahini dressing. I finished the salad off with a mix of peaches and cherries. The stone fruit plays well with the pungent mustardy dressing and really pulls the whole salad together.
It’s crucial that main course salads be huge and filling, and this one definitely is! You’ll also get plenty of protein from this salad: there are 6g protein from tahini, 5g protein from snap peas, and 2-4g protein from lettuce (depending on what kind).
- 1 large head lettuce, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeds scooped then sliced
- 1 lb. sugar snap peas
- Mustard tahini dressing (recipe below)
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 c. pitted cherries.
- Toss the lettuce, cucumber and peas with the dressing in a large bowl. You probably will have to do this in batches; the number of batches will be determined by the size of your bowl..
- Gently fold in fruit.
- ¼ c. tahini
- ¼ c. water
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 T. dijon or deli mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Combine all ingredients either by blender or by hand until smooth. Add additional water if tahini is very thick.