This week’s green smoothie is full of tropical flavors. In addition to the spinach and zucchini that make the smoothie green, it’s loaded with frozen pineapple chunks. Hemp hearts and chia seeds make it thick, filling and full of healthy fats, fiber and protein. To complement the pineapple, I finished the smoothie with dried ginger. If you have fresh on hand, feel free to substitute that!
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c. frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 c. frozen chopped zucchini
- 1 c. packed spinach
- 2 T. hemp hearts
- 2 T. chia seeds (optional: soak in 2 T. water for 10 minutes)
- ½ tsp. dried ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.