For tonight’s nice cream sundae, I decided to go tropical. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits for deserts, so I used a combination of frozen pineapple and bananas to make nice cream. The bananas are mostly there to provide a creamy texture. To me, this nice cream tastes purely of pineapple. If you have a strong aversion to bananas, you might feel differently 😉
Macadamia nuts and coconut are the perfect toppings for pineapple desserts, so I used those to finish off my sundae. If you want to switch things up, I’d recommend topping this with additional fruit. Fresh berries, cherries, or mango would also be welcome additions to this sundae.
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1 c. frozen pineapple chunks
- unsweetened almond milk, as needed
- small handful roasted macadamia nuts
- small handful unsweetened shredded coconut
- Take banana and pineapple out of the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Combine banana and pineapple in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth, adding splashes of almond milk if needed.
- Transfer nice cream to a bowl, and top with nuts and coconut.